Monday, July 20, 2026

Elliot Ray: Heist in Paradise

 
In the first in a new series Elliot Ray some thieves get more than the bargained for on an Island Heist:

The Premise of this book got me. I mean who wouldn't want to read a book about an unhinged merry Band of thieves, that are okay with doing some bad things but at the same time end up having some heart as well. I enjoyed how Ray brought Jax's team and Olivia together on the island, as i didn't expect that to be the set up that Ray went with. I also appreciated that Ray went for a darker subject manner a few times in the book which I was not expecting. I was also not expecting how Ray had the plot unfold there are a few surprises along the way.

This book is very much insta-lust between Jax and Olivia so if that is not your thing you will want to avoid this book. I will say that while you feel the tension between Jax and Olivia and at a later point Olivia and Madoc, the true tension is between Jax and Madoc. I personally wish that this was more of a Jax and Madoc story and just left Olivia out of it. Does she add to the story, yes her reasons for being there are solid, but I think that Ray could have had a similar plot without her. Now this book does end on cliffhanger, so I feel like the next book will explore this relationship more.

Madoc is by far my favourite character. He is the unhinged secondary MMC in the book, who has the darker side and knows how to get things done. Also to me it seemed like most of the banter in the book is associated with him or about him. Other than Madoc, I you don't really get to know the secondary characters, even though we get Jax's POV, the side characters are just there. I wish we got more information about who they are and how they ended up being in Jax's crew.

Overall, this was a fun quick read, that is fairly spicy and a bit of mystery throughout with a cliffhanger ending that will want you to pick up the next book.

Enjoy!!!!
If You Like This,
Check These Out Too:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment