Tuesday, August 17, 2021

D. J. Palmer: The Perfect Daughter

D. J. Palmer show’s readers how far a mother will go to prove her daughter is innocent of murder:

One thing a parent never thinks will happen is to have their child accused of murder, but this is the reality that Grace has come to face. There was no doubt that Penney was physically  there, her fingerprints were on the knife and she was covered in blood but it might not have been Penny that committed the murder. Grace is convinced that Penny has Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) and is hoping the doctor at the psychiatric hospital will agree with her. With each passing day the trial date gets closer and closer and Grace is getting desperate to prove Penny is innocent and starts to do her own investigating.

This is the first book that I have read by Palmer and I was super impressed. The writing is well done, the plot is well laid out and the mystery within the book is a solid one. I appreciate that this book jumps right into the court case and does not have a lot of fluff in the beginning. We know that Penny is accused of murdering her biological mother and that her adoptive mother is attempting to prove that Penny has Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) and should not be held responsible for the crime. I have not read a book with DID for a really long time but I will say that Palmer does it right.

I was able to figure out one of the main twists early on, but did not see the last twist coming till the very end. WOW, it was such a crazy reveal that was amazing, and like I said I did not see it coming at all, well done Palmer.

It was an interesting take on POV but I liked that Palmer decided not to have "Penny" or any of the other Alters as one of the POV as all the switches between the alters I think would have been confusing and would have taken away from the book. Instead we get to see each alter through two different people and it was interesting to see how they would act for each person. I also appreciated the background information and the format that it was presented in, through Jack and saying parts he would place in his movie. Honestly, I would be interesting in watching the movie that Jack was trying to write about his sister's life.

This book was a roller coaster ride from start to finish that I think anyone wanting to read a mystery or psychological mystery book should pick this one up. I look forward to reading more books by Palmer.

Enjoy!!!!
If You Like This,
Check These Out Too:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment