Monday, July 27, 2026

Ana Huang: The Striker

 
The first in a series Ana Huang shows that the one you're not supposed to want may just be the best person for you:

This is the first book that I have read by Huang and I really enjoyed this story, and to make it better I read it during the World Cup, so it was just a fitting time to dive into it. This is a fun easy read, that had just the right amount of spice and while this book is on the longer side for a sports romance book (it's just shy of 600 pages), I did not really notice it's length until the very end.

For some reason I keep finding romance books where the FMC is a ballerina and for me other than Scarlet's injury, a lot of the women in this industry are portrayed the same and have very similar storylines. So while I enjoyed Scarlet as a character and her perseverance through all that has gone through, I felt like I had read her character before.

Asher was a surprise, I loved him as a character and he is so much more than the playboy that he is portrayed as. He is totally a golden retriever of a man and I loved every second of him. To top it off, he has such a huge personal journey in this book and you cant help but love him more. My one thing that I could deal without is the amount he calls Scarlet Darling, but that is just a me thing.

This book has some great tropes in it; Rival's sister, forced proximity, trainer and trainee, he falls first.

If you are looking for a sports romance, that is not hockey but still has similar flare of sports and MMC attitude then I recommend this book. I really enjoyed it and looking forward reading the next book in the series featuring Scarlet's brother.

Enjoy!!!
If You Like This,
Check These Out Too:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment