Noelle W Ihli takes readers on a heartbreaking read as those murdered try to prevent it from happening again:
This is the first book that I have read by Ihli and though this book is short is certainly packs a punch. Ask for Andrea is a code for when someone needs help from a bartender or server when they dont feel safe. This would be similar to an Angel Shot that women can order at a bar. This book is heart breaking and at time graphic as you live the last moments of three women in this book and having them experience time outside of their bodies. It continues to be heartbreaking when the women are trying to prevent their murder.
You really feel the urgency, frustration and desperation that the women go through as they try to prevent others from being taken. They find things they are able to manipulate along the way but it never seems to be enough. They also take different path in finding James after he has murdered them so there is not a duplication after they are murdered, they each need to find their own paths.
I appreciated that Ihli would circle back to the living, what the family of the missing/murdered women as well as the investigation into what happened to them. I also enjoyed Ihli's perspective of what happens after we die. I like the idea that we find the family members from before, going back in generations so that one can feel their love.
Ihli has something different here with who is telling the story here and that can be something hard to come by in thriller genres. I look forward to checking out more books by Ihli.
Enjoy!!!
If You Like This,
Check These Out Too:

No comments:
Post a Comment