Saturday, August 29, 2026

Jennifer Hillier: Heart of Glass

Jennifer Hillier takes readers back to Seaside and Wonderland, where nothing in the small town is what it seems:

I will start with saying I have not yet read Wonderland before reading this book and while I do not think it is required reading (this book can be read as a standalone) I wish I would have had more background about seaside as a town. All that said, I enjoyed this book. I loved that there was more than one mystery that is played out in the book as well as the differ t POV. I was shocked and happy when Hillier change to POV that I did not expect.

I’m a sucker for small towns with even bigger secrets and I think that Hillier does a great job with both here. Hillier was able to keep me guessing on both fronts of the mysteries in this book. You wonder what happened not only years earlier with Barb and Cole but also the missing women. And that end twist I did not see coming.

I will say there were a few things that by the end that were left unanswered, maybe this is on purpose, maybe not. Hillier released this Wonderland in 2015 so maybe there might be another story based on Seaside coming our way eventually, as it seem Hillier is okay to play the long game.

Hillier is one of my favourites for thriller and suspense books. I’m still working my way through her backlist but Wonderland has moved to the top of the list for me. I can’t wait to read more by her

Enjoy!!!!
If You Like This,
Check These Out Too:



No comments:

Post a Comment