Thursday, September 10, 2026

Elsie Silver: Wild Love

In the first of a series, Elsie Silver shows that you never do forget those you always loved:

This is the first book that I have read by Silver and I get it. I get why lots of people love her books, this book was a fun read in a small town with some great banter between the characters that kept me engaged in the story from start to finish. I'm also kind of a sucker for the Grumpy/Sunshine Trope.

My favourite part of this book was how, Rosie and Ford interacted with each other. From the funny emails to what they were like together in the flashbacks, I felt really invested in their relationship right from the beginning. I loved that Ford needed to get away from the city and go back to the place that truly felt home for him. I loved that they were friends growing up but secretly loved each other all along and I loved that they knew how to push each other buttons for knowing the other person so long. I really enjoyed that Ford also forcibly becomes a single Dad and how he handles finding out that news and what he does after it as well.

The side characters in this book were also well done from Cora, the angsty teenager to Rosie's brother West I felt like I got to know those characters really well. Also, I mean a Men's bowling league, all with grumpy men, I'm sold.

I look forward to checking out the rest of the series and hope that Silver can capture the heart and fun that she has in this one.

Enjoy!!!!
If You Like This,
Check These Out Too:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment