Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Taylor Adams: Hairpin Bridge

Taylor Adams show how far a sister will go to figure out what happened in her sister's last moments:

When Lena heard about her twin sister's death, she knew that things did not add up. Cambry is not one to take her own life, and she is set on finding out the truth. And the place for her to start is the bridge that Cambry drove to and jumped 200ft to her death and her only clue is a text message that referenced Officer Raycevic. When Lena meets Officer Raycevic she know that he is hiding something. Lena will stop at nothing to find out what happened, but there are those that don't want the truth to come out and what started as an investigation turns into a fight for survival.

I had really high hopes for this book as I was seeing it everywhere getting rave reviews, as well as people raving about Adams' other book No Exit (which I have not had a chance to read yet). I'm going to be the minority in this one as this book was a DNF for me. I made it to about 30% and I just had to put it down.

One of the main problems that I had was the format that the book was written in. It was I was never sure if we were hearing Cambry's story as she lived it or reading what Lena thinks that happened to her sister. I just found it confusing and not sure why Adams did not fully define at times who was talking and kept switching back and forth constantly.

I actually really liked Cambry as a character, and her wild and free spirit and Lena with her sense of justice that needs to be had for Cambry and going to any lengths to get it, but just the format threw me off. I'm also not sure about the whole blog aspect that Lena is engaged in, but those are the times these days.

So this one wasn't for me, but I'll probably still pick up No Exit and give it a try as I have read that those who did not enjoy this one, really enjoyed that one.

Cheers!!!
Instead Of This,
Check Out These Books:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment