Monday, August 17, 2026

Freida McFadden: The Inmate

 
Freida McFadden show that one night of love can turn to horror in a heartbeat:

This is the first book that I have read by McFadden and I get why people flock to her books if they are like this one. This book was very much a popcorn thriller, one where a reader is kept guessing as to what happened in the past and what is going to happen in the present. I personally am one that enjoys two timeline and each gets equal time in the book. I also think that McFadden does a great job with the pace of the book and giving nuggets of information each time.

I don't think that i was the biggest fan of Brooke, but I think that she does the best that she can when she was younger, but I am not going to lie a totally question most of her decisions as an adult. I can understand moving back to her hometown and why she chose that but her choice of where to work was just crazy to me. I felt like Brooke did not question anything enough, once again as an adult and not when she was a teenager. She should have known better as an adult.

One thing that i guess that you need to dispel belief a bit is that they would let Brooke work as a nurse in a place where the person who attempted to kill her in. I feel like there are way too many red flags and liability issues before a prison would let her work there. And this point is not consistent in the book at times it seems like where she works is aware of her past but then it changes at a different time. I will say that nearing the end of the book, I was starting to get the "just get on with it" feeling. Though I really enjoyed the epilogue, that was a nice twist that McFadden threw in there.

I think that this was a good introduction for me to McFadden and I look forward to reading another book by her.

Enjoy!!!
If You Like This
Check These Out Too:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment