Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Kiersten Modglin: The Stranger

Kiersten Modglin show why you should never trust a stranger:

Walking on the side of the road in the middle of the nowhere at night time, is never the smart choice, but doing so in a snowstorm is even worse. This is the situation that Tibby finds herself in. She knows that she needs to get to shelter soon, but there is nothing in site, not even a sign for a town. When a car pulls up beside her she knows she shouldn’t get in but what choice does she have. Should she trust this perfect stranger with her life or her life to the elements. When she chooses the stranger, disturbing things start to happen and Tibby doesn’t know who she can trust.

This is the first book that I have read by Modglin and I was impressed with her ability to keep me guessing to the end. I did find the book a bit short and I wish the suspense didn’t end so quickly, but overall I enjoyed the book.

The strangers, who is the stranger, can you figure out who the stranger really is in the end? I know I certainly wasn’t able to figure it out by the end. I think that Modglin does a good job keeping you guessing and questioning who it could be by playing with details which details are presented to the readers as well as how and when she chooses to share those details. This means that the book is full of red herrings, and you will find yourself making assumptions throughout the book only to be fooled again.

I feel like you only get surface level with the characters, so this is very much a plot based book.

I did the audiobook version of this book. Walker’s reader is fine. Tibby’s reader is fine, but the physic/killer’s reader’s voice is annoying. I get trying to disguise who that person is but the voice was too tinny and hard to listen too. If they had shorter chapters, it would be fine but they feel longer due to the voice and the voice really grated on me. It made me not want to start listening, so i think if you would like to read this book, I would do a physical copy.

I found the ending a bit abrupt and that was it. I wanted a bit more but there was nothing left.

First book by Modglin and i enjoyed it and it will not be the last. If you are looking for a quick read that will keep you on the edge of your seat, I recommend this one.

Enjoy!!!

If You Like This,
Check These Out Too:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment