Sunday, July 23, 2023

Scott Thomas: Kill Creek

In his debut novel, Scott Thomas answers the question, does a house Remember?

Every small town has a house out of town that has a story, a sinister history. The Finch house has a tragic story and for years it has remained empty, overgrown and abandoned but the house is about to have life once again. When four authors, who are all at different times in their careers, are invited to spend Halloween answering questions live in a house known as a Kill Creek, they all reluctantly agree. What begins as a publicity stunt soon becomes a fight for sanity and survival. For there is something in that house, something that has awakened and it does not want to be powerless again.

Horror is not a genre that I read in that often and I will admit that i have not read many haunted house books but Damn this was an amazing book. Even though there were times that the pace was slower I felt myself turning the pages faster and faster to see what happens next. I do not give out five stars very often when reviewing a book but this book 100% deserves five stars. From the writing, plot, characters Thomas can draw reader in from the beginning. I cannot believe that this is Thomas’ debut and he was able to craft something this amazing.

I enjoyed that this book was at a slower pace, as it really played out the slow descent into madness that the characters experience. It was also interesting getting the different POV and how the events affected them differently but also in the same way. 

I Loved Loved Loved that Thomas did not really take the easy way out for the end of the book, and he really went for it.

I do not give out 5 stars very often I am super stingy with them in fact, but this book is worth every one of those 5 stars. Kill Creek was Awesome, I wish I could read it again for the first time. I look forward to checking out other books by Thomas. What is even more crazy is that this is his debut novel.

Enjoy!!!!

If You Like This,
Check These Out Too:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment