Saturday, January 29, 2022

Shannon Mayer: Immune

This is the second book in Mayers Rylee Adamson series and while you could probably read this before the first, I recommend reading the first one, Priceless, just to understand the relationship between the characters.

Shannon Mayer is back with Tracker Rylee Adamson who realizing that underestimating a demon is a very bad thing:

When Rylee was attacked by a demon, she was convinced that nothing was wrong from where it was able to stab her, she is immune afterall. But for some reason she is unable to get warm, and cold weather seems to follow her in force, that it cannot be a coincidence and it is about to cost her the ability to find a child alive. Rylee has to make a choice, what is more important, a friend who calls for help, a child that is missing or her own life. It is a race against time and not all are going to survive this.

I did enjoy this book but I think that it was too short and the story never really fully materialize for me as Mayer tries to pack in a lot into 235 pages. From relationship, to some sort of unrest within the supernatural community to her tracking a kid, there is a lot going on.

Rylee is a great character and one of the main reasons I like this series as she is a kick-ass heroine but she has loads of heart when it comes to tracking missing children and will put herself and life in danger in order to achieve this.

I wish the relationship between Rylee and O’Shea would have taken longer or spread out through additional books. Some big things happen in this book and even though Rylee and O’Shea have known each other for a long time they have only been on the same side for a very short period of time.

I love that Mayer has so many different paranormal creature in her books and they are just side characters. In this one these are Ogres, Shaman, Daywalker, Yeti and my personal favourite harpies. I’m a big fan Of Eve. I cannot say I know much about Harpies but I personally think she is cool character. I also like that the reason that most humans are not able to see the paranormal or supernatural is that we, as human, have made them into myths/legends that we no longer believe they are there. Our minds see what it wants to see and not the alternative.

I’m really enjoying this series so far and I hope that Mayer can keep the different creatures coming. I know the supernatural unrest has to be going somewhere too and I want to know where Mayer takes it, I just hope the next book is bit longer.

Enjoy!!!!

If You Like This,
Check Theses Out Too:

No comments:

Post a Comment