Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Elle Cosimino: Finlay Donovan Jumps the Gun

You will need to read the first 2 books in this series (Finlay Donovan is Killing it & Finlay Donovan Knocks' Em Dead) to understand the plot and relationships presented in this book. 

Elle Cosimino is back with in Finlay Donovan book and this time it's time to take Finlay to school; Police Academy in fact:

Finlay seems to have even more on the line before. Felik, The mobster, is determined to use Finlay's pervious actions (or what her actions look like) against her and has told her she has to find out who Easy Clean and make sure they are silent. Finlay is convinced that Easy Clean is a dirty cop on Nick's team and what better way to figure it out than some one on one time with people on Nick's team at a Police Academy. But the more that Finlay and Vero get to know the officers on Nick's team there seems to be more than one possibility for who Easy Clean could be. They need to not only figure out who Easy Clean and "take care" of them, keep the bookies away from Vero, but Finlay needs to finish her latest book by deadline and one steamy scene seems to beyond her ability to write, oh and keep all her secrets intact from her sister and Nick. It's going to be one Hell of a week at the Police Academy.

This was a good book, but I do not think that this was as good as the previous two. As this is the third book in the series, things can get a bit stale as certain jokes or formula or scenarios that were once fresh and funny then to fall a bit flat.  I also felt that the overall plot was muddied along the way, in that Cosimano was trying to do a bit too much in this book.

This book really had two things going for it, the Setting (Policy Academy) and Vera. Am I the only one who thinks that Vero needs to start having some chapters from her POV? Vera is just a fantastic character, I find most of the funny parts come from her and I just love her and the things that she ends up talking Finlay into.

I think the mob aspect has played itself out by now, I mean how long can Felik hold everything over her head and the amount of lies that Finlay continues to tell in order to keep her head above water. Everything has to come to a head sooner rather than later, though how the book ends (cliffhanger) I'm not sure that we are going to get there in the next book.

I'm happy that Finlay finally chooses which guy she wants to be with in this book, but part of me wonders how long that will last, I hope till the end, but for some reason I don't think so.

Although this was my least favourite book in the series, I still found the book enjoyable and some laugh out loud moments and I look forward to reading the next book in the series.

Enjoy!!!
If You Like Me,
Check These Out Too:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment