Sunday, August 9, 2026

K.L. Speer: Bones

 
In the first in a series, K.L. Speer shows the strength of a woman who is just trying to survive and maybe just maybe heal:

I read this book a few months ago and I am still thinking about it. I think that tells you how much I enjoyed this book. I did not know what to expect when I picked up this book, I was craving a dystopian book. This book deserves so much more hype that it has gotten, it had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish and going through all the feelings within this book. This book is also Dark, with little signs of hope along the way but mainly a dark. If you ever thought that healing powers could not be used for darkness, this book is going to change that perspective. 

Bones is such a strong character, where there are times you love her, hate her and just feel horrible for her and what she has experienced in her life starting as a child. You can understand why her mental health is not good and how she is just trying to protect herself, she is broken for most of the book. She does have a heart though when it comes to trying to protect children. In all, all Bones wants to do is survive and she does whatever she can to do that.

My one criticism is that there is a lack on world building, so if you need a book with strong world building you will want to skip this one. I am hoping more of the world is explained in book 2. I mean we don't even get an explanation as to why or how Bones has received the powers. This makes the book much more character driven.

I think this will be one of my top reads for this year. I love the Bones as a character and the darkness that Speer has throughout this book. I cant wait to read the second book in the series.

Enjoy!!!!
If You Like This,
Check These Out Too:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment