Sunday, June 30, 2024

Elle Cosimano: Finlay Donovan Rolls the Dice

So this is the third book in the series, so you will need to read the first three to grasped the concept, relations and overarcing story of the series, so do not start here, start with the first book Finlay Donovan is Killing it

Elle Cosimano is back for the fourth book in her Finlay Donovan series and Atlantic City is calling:

Finlay and Vero need a cover story and a girls weekend is in Atlantic City is an easy sell to everyone. So easy in fact that some how, Finlay’s mom, the Kids and Steven end up joining them on their “Girl’s Trip”. The real plan is to see if they negotiate out of the money Vero owes to a loan shark, find her childhood crush Javi, find the stolen Ashton Martin and oh stay alive in the process. Easy Right?

I was not sure where Cosimano was going to take this fourth book after the thrid one as I personally was not the biggest fan of that book. I am glad that Cosimano decided to have the whole gang (children included) take a trip to Atlantic City. The change of setting was what needed to bring this book and series back up. I liked that everyone there was out of their comfort zone and needed to think outside of the box in order to not only stay alive but hide what they are doing from the family and the detectives that show up

This book is much more like the first two books and I am happy that I continued on in this series after the third one. There were a lot  more laugh out loud moments in this one and a bit far fetched at time but hey I read in order to escape. There were some times too when I felt a bit whiplashed from plot point to subplot to plot point to new evidence that is was hard to keep it straight at times but it did not take me out of enjoying this book.

Kevin Bacon, loved it, and the jokes that occurred because of the name, cheesy but I was here for it.

I’m really  Glad that Finlay doesn’t fall for Steven's shit and puts him in his place a few times. It was also humbling seeing Steven try to care for the kids by himself and even makes a few comments about Finlay leaving it all to him and her just looking at him and basically saying you did that to me all the time. I love that Finlay has found some inner strength and her needs to come first from time to time. And Nick, well how can you not love Nick, I just wonder with all the lies how it can last.

Where does Cosimano take it here from here and i love that this story has wrapped up a bit? I mean a lot of loose ends are tied up in this book. I would read more about Finlay and Vero to see where Cosimano takes the story, but this book totally redeemed itself from the third book.

Enjoy!!!
If You Like This,
Check These Out Too:

No comments:

Post a Comment