Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Lana Ferguson: The Nanny

In her debut novel Lana Ferguson explores what happens when you finally meet the person you have been “chatting” with online:

Cassie Evans is on the verge on an eviction after losing her job, she has two options: get a new job or bring back her OnlyFans account, something she really does not want to do. When she sees a posting for a live in Nanny position that pays extremely well, she feels like she can get ahead, until she meets her would be employer, Aiden Reid. Aiden is not quite who Cassie thought she would meet for her interview as he is a younger attractive man but Aiden is determined to hire Cassie as she has amazing qualifications. The more that Cassie and Aiden hang out, Cassie son realizes that Aiden is the man who she used to communicate with (and more) on Onlyfans. Cassie doesn’t know what to do, as both them feel the pull towards each other.  

This is the first book that I have read by Ferguson and it was a cute quick read that did have a spicy scene or two thrown in, which may be unexpected with the pretty cute cover. I actually like that this book was more than one would expect, and the relationship between Aiden and Cassie is one that you are invested in right from the beginning.

I feel like this book is very now and on trend with the use of OnlyFans for how they met, and I liked that they had snippets of their interaction at the beginning of each chapter and how they used the site more than just what that site was intended for. I think it would be funny to have a Epilogue about how they finally told Sophie about how they met.

I was not a fan of the third act, I wanted to throw something against the wall. The whole drama in the third act was forced and unnecessary, it just pissed me off. Everything could have been settled with one adult conversation at the hospital and this is it. There was no need to add even more drama to the story.

This was a cute story for the first two third but the third act ruined it for me, I just can't get past the third act break up trope especially when it is something so trivial, the rest of the book was cute and enjoyable but that third act took this book right down for me. I would read another book by Ferguson as I did enjoy the relationship she created here.

Enjoy!!!
If You Like This,
Check These Out Too:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment